Friday, July 21, 2017

The Adventure Begins!

We are always encouraging our students to grow by trying something new, so here is my NEW for this year.  I am entering the world of blogging!  Like any new adventure, there are some elements that I am excited to embrace and some unknown variables that I know will pop up along the way.  The first adventure was, "What on earth will I name it?".  I found the answer, the same place I find many teacher solutions...Hobby Lobby!
When I saw this I knew my classroom would not be complete this year without it...thankfully Hobby Lobby had it for 50% off.

Other than my affinity for Hobby Lobby, what should you know about me?  Here are the highlights:

  • I am a wife of an amazing man, the mother of 3 teenagers, the daughter of the 2 best parents ever, and a beloved child of God! 
  • I have been teaching since 1995 and have been in classrooms from PreK-4 through 8th grade.
  • I have spent most of those years in Christian education.
  • Last year, my adventure was to leave the comfort of the Lutheran School I had been serving for 10 years to jump into the world of an IB school as an MYP Language and Literature teacher, where I learned a great deal about inquiry and criteria based assessment, but above all I learned that I LOVE teaching in Christian schools, so...
  • This year I am returning to my FAVORITE school, Crown of Life Lutheran School in Colleyville, Texas, where the new adventure will be teaching Math and Science in a departmentalized 3rd and 4th grade.

I am looking forward to sharing the adventures of my classroom with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment